Since I’m injured for the umpteenth time, I decided to take my health back. And, since food is medicine, healing foods like the Mulberry Moringa Muffins are helping me along my journey to wellness. You’ll notice they are Raw Vegan, as most of my recipes tend to be these days:)
As such, eating a raw vegan diet is a key factor in my healing process. But it’s not really about eating vegan. For goodness sake, Oreos are vegan (gasp!) Certainly, the key is cutting the inflammatory crap like sugar and animal products.
Plus, I just feel better when I eat this way. The upside is that eating vegan doesn’t have to be hard and can really taste good.
But I still have a sweet tooth, so I’m constantly looking for (and creating!) yummy recipes to fill my belly. Luckily, these Mulberry Moringa Muffins hit the spot.
Mulberries are naturally sweet and uber healthy, as they are high in Resveratrol. Moringa Powder is somewhat bitter, but it is also rich in antioxidants and worth it! In these muffins, the sweetness from the mulberries masks any bitter taste. I added sunflower seeds for a punch of protein.
Here are 9 more things I’m doing to heal myself:
1. Daily Meditation-This is an absolute, non-negotiable part of my day. I meditate for 15-20 minutes every morning. I believe the body has the power to heal. And much of that is controlling the mind and thoughts. Positive thoughts = positive outcome. If sitting in silence is not your cup of tea, try a guided meditation like this one: Guided Meditation on Joy
2. Listening to Binaural Beats daily-Music is a POWERFUL healer! Binaural beats use 2 frequencies that come togther to make one sound in the brain. Different frequencies work different parts of the brain. For instance, 528mz is called the “Miracle” or “Love” tone because it is said to return DNA back to it’s original state. 285hz works by healing and regenerating tissues. I listen to healing frequencies while I’m on my laptop. It’s like background music, but better! Here is one my favorites:
Healing Music 285hz
3. Weekly Massage-I love my massages!! I feel amazing afterward and I am going to continue getting them. It’s how I show love to myself.
4. Herbal supplements and Vitamins– I take supplements targeted for bone healing and stress oxidation, as well as the usual Magnesium, Vitamin D, Calcium, B12.
5. Vibrational Platform-When I was doing my research on “workouts for people who can’t work out,” this came up. Basically, you stand on a vibrating platform for 10 minutes 3x daily. It works for bone growth, as well as the lymphatic system. Reportedly, it decreases Cellulite, but I have not noticed a decrease in mine, lol.
6. Himalayan Salt Lamps-Studies show that these lamps naturally Ionize the air. Look, I’m doing everything I can to get healthy!
7. Essential Oils-I didn’t renew my pain meds because it’s not healthy. I discovered that some essential oils heal and decrease pain. For example, Fir Needle Oil is a powerful bone healer and pain reliever. Lavender and Eucalyptus also help relieve pain. Sure, I smell like a pine forest, but that’s ok;)
8. Acupuncture– I always thought this was Hocus Pocus. A friend introduced me to a well known acupuncturist, so I decided to give it a try. I felt the effects immediately. Not only does she put needles in for pain management, but for bone growth and the underlying causes of my fragile bones.
9. Infared Sauna-OMG! I’m so glad my friend introduced to me this Healing Chamber! I go as often a I can-about 4 times a week. Studies show that Infared Saunas heal at the Cellular level and I feel amazing afterward. Read more about the many benefits here.
So, that’s it! What do you do to heal yourself?
Mulberry Moringa Muffins
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” ~Nikola Tesla