These Teechino Muffins are inspired by the flavor of the Teechino drink I drank while weening myself off coffee. Supposedly, it makes your body think you are drinking coffee without the caffeine. Ummm, not really. I love the bitter taste of coffee so much, I was only able to give it up for 2 weeks. Oh well, coffee has some great health benefits and makes me happy:))
To be honest, Teechino tastes good, but I keep thinking it would taste best as a dessert. Specifically, a muffin:) So, I set out with the ingredients list to make a gluten and nut free version (Teechino contains Almonds and Barley.)
While I was in the kitchen, I was reminiscing about the amazing coffee I’ve had while traveling. And I was wondering how Egyptian coffee will taste. I’m guessing amazing:)
Since we are 3 weeks from our big trip to Egypt, I am already planning my packing list. In this post for my Chocolate Chai Protein Mug Muffin, I touched on some of my travel essentials. And I realized there are some things that I always bring on my trips. These are my Top 10 Travel Essentials:
- Amazing Grass Superfood Packets– Contain Probiotics and Greens
- Fluffy Socks-Essential for sleeping comfortably on the plane
- Soft Sleep Mask-Again, good sleep is essential
- Protein Bars-Perfect for long sightseeing days
- Ginger Tea-In case of upset stomach-a common occurrence with new foods:)
- Natural Calm Anti-Stress Drink Packets-Magnesium calms and keeps you regular:)
- Fire Tablet-Holds books, music and games in a compact size.
- Ear Plugs-Screaming babies? No problem!
- Emergen-C Vitamin C Packets-Healthy dose of Vitamin C to keep the immune system strong while traveling
- Comfy Flip Flops-Easy to slip on and off in security lines and while seated on the plane.
You’ll notice these items are in some way related to wellness. I love to travel, but it can be stressful, so I really try to stay well and healthy. Cheers!
“Live the questions now.” ~Rainer Maria Rilke